Druid Hill Park, Baltimore
Paul Henderson (1899-1988)
4x5 inch film negative
Baltimore City Life Museum Collection
Baltimore City purchased the estate of Nicholas Rogers in 1860 and turned it into Druid Hill Park. It served as an encampment during the Civil War as well as home to roaming sheep thereafter. The park remained segregated until 1956.
Stay cool out there, Maryland.