The Lyric Theatre
West Mount Royal Avenue, Baltimore
Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company Collection
Baltimore City Life Museum Collection
Maryland Historical Society
According to The Lyric’s History page on their website, the theater opened on October 31, 1894 as The Music Hall. In 1909, Otto Kahn, representing the Metropolitan Opera, purchased the building and renamed it The Lyric Theatre.
This building looks dramatically different today and was renamed the Patricia & Arthur Modell Performing Arts Center at The Lyric. This photo also shows the Maryland Line Monument.