Wyman Villa facade
A. Aubrey Bodine (1906-1970)
Baltimore City Life Museum Collection
Maryland Historical Society
Also known as the Homewood Villa, the Wyman Villa was built in 1853 by William Wyman. It was Wyman’s home until his death in 1903 and was located at the southern edge of the Johns Hopkins University Homewood Campus. The Board of Trustees of the University decided to demolish the building in 1951 and it was torn down in 1955. Learn more about the villa and the rest of the Homewood Campus on the JHU Sheridan Libraries site.